Sunday, April 21, 2013

Classroom Website

This week, I made a website for my classroom.  After trying several other websites and finding they were too complicated for my liking, I settled on Webs.  It was easy and even fun to use.  All you have to do is drag and drop sections wherever you would like them.  After having a blog, I can see how helpful it would be to have one in the classroom, but a website would also be a very helpful way to keep your classroom organized, and keep every one, parents, students, and fellow teachers can view to see what is going on in the classroom, what is coming up, and what resources you use.  On my website, there is space for a calendar, news, assignments and handouts, resources, and discussion.  A website for your class could be  very beneficial to your class and everyone involved.  One problem I had with the Webs site that I made, was that when on the assignments and handouts page, there is no way (that I could figure out) to upload documents.  I feel this is a big downfall, but other than that, I loved working on my website!  I think I will definitely make a classroom website when I become a teacher!  To take a peak at what my website is like, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Your website beginning looks great! The layout and template seem very friendly and inviting. Websites are great resources for information that will remain relatively unchanged- like parent information, lesson plans, or classroom resource banks. Your website will evolve and change as you figure out a specific use for it.

    ReplyDelete