Tuesday, April 9, 2013

PowToon


Exploring new websites like PowToon is fun and a bit frustrating.  If you have time to play around it, it is definitely worth it.  I even made my own video... It's not the best, but I tried.  If you are interested in watching my video, click here.  Based on functionality, it's a great website once you get the hang of it.  It is an easy way to create a short video to keep your audience engaged.  This would be a great teaching tool; making your own video to show to your class to get them excited about a subject or assignment.  If your students are able to play around on PowToon, it would also make a great assignment.  Going over a few key features and basics of the site may be necessary depending on your class’s technology skills.  The final project is really cool, but the whole process is a bit confusing if you're new to the site.  Again, once you have time to play and get to know the site better, it becomes easier.  As a newcomer to the site, I was a bit confused, but managed to make a short (not-so-great) video. The intended audience was working adults, but also hinted at students.  I would recommend this site for older grades, maybe middle school and beyond.  If I get a chance to play on the site more, I will.  It was fun designing a video and watching the final product, even if it wasn't the best.  Using this in the classroom would be a fun way to get you lesson started and grab your students' attention.

1 comment:

  1. I like your analysis- lots of good focus on application issues for this site. I checked out your film- do you get to select your own music and images? Perhaps you would like to share this with the class on Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete